Innovating and improving customer service on social media is about listening, monitoring, and proactively engaging with your customers and target audience. The pacesetter brands don't just react to complaints and answer routine questions, they are proactive on visual customer engagement and provide tips, tricks, visual FAQs, and videos on how to use products or services. We recently talked about the importance of the times you post on optimising content reach. To complement this, here are 10 stats on channel traffic, potential engagement reach and sharing behaviour courtesy of two excellent infographics from Gryffin Media and Quicksprout to help inform your visual engagement strategy.
1. 100 million people take social action on YouTube each week. (YouTube gets 4 billion video views per day)
2. Instagram videos get 2 times more engagement than photos on the channel. (Instagram has 75 million users per day)
3. Engagement on Instagram is 15 times higher than on Facebook.
4. Content on Vine will be shared 3 times more than Instagram and engagement on the video channel tends to be 2 times higher than Instagram. (Vine has 40 million users)
5. Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links
6. 93% of the most engaging content on Facebook are photos
7. Pictures are tweeted 361% more than videos
8. A picture is retweeted 128% more than a video
9. A video is favourited 49% more than a picture
10. 64% of visitors who watch a video are more likely to buy a product online
Check out the full infographics: